This one is a throw together (you might see a pattern emerging here). Simple, tasty, elegant. It is a soup or not. It is a stir fry or not. It is designed to deliver maximum taste without a whole bunch or ingredients. The ingredients are even interchangeable with whatever you have in your fridge or just lying about!
Now. Let’s party. Lazy style.
What you will need:
- 2 sheets rice noodles
- 1 pepper (Any colour will be fine)
- Handful of radishes
- 3 spring onions
- 300g mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- Any veg you have in your fridge *
- 1 stock cube (or gluten free miso if you have/can find it)
- Coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- Chili (optional)
- Ginger (optional)
- Splash of rice wine (or any vinegar)
- Oil (any sort)
- Sesame/peanut oil (optional – use as a dash to add flavour)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Cashews, unsalted (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- Bean sprouts
- Rice paper sheets
- Raw veg from the noodle recipe (I used: Spring onion, peppers, bean sprouts.)
*Any veg can be replaced or veg can be added. This recipe is mean to be easy as possible, even just to use up fridge ingredients!
- Fill and boil kettle. Turn on a hob.
- I’m going to make this the easiest recipe ever. As long as everything is peeled/deseeded/washed, chop it as you want and throw in in a fry pan with a little oil (I am referring to the veg here and keep the spring onion aside)
- Put noodles in a boil that is big enough to hold them and have liquid cover them. Add boiled water. Leave for 2 to 5 mins, you want them to be soft but with bite, not too soft that they are mush.
- Now add a stock cube (or miso) and some water to the frying pan. Make sure the stock cube dissolves into the pan.
- The veg should look like a sort of soup now. The liquid content is up to you. I know some people aren’t as fond of soups as me.
- Now add in the noodles and ‘voilà !‘ you are done. Serve in bowls with the option of sprinkling sesame seeds and spring onion on to !
- Dip the rice paper into warm water and soak for a few seconds till pliable.
- Remove rice paper, shake off excess water, fill with a small amount of veg. Use about a dessert spoon.
- Fold like a tortilla and leave for a few seconds to hold together.
- You are now ready to dine!