This recipe was a spur of the moment. We came in after shopping and begun cooking. Problem is, we were hungry already, action had to be taken. Chutney. Pancakes. All you need to stave off hunger. Protein, carbs, vitamins, fat….sugar. Ok not perfect for the figure conscious out there, but a smaller amount will keep you intact.
Spicy Turmeric Pancakes
- 150g Gram flour
- 50g Self raising plain flour (Or use plain flour and add a tsp of baking powder)
- 50g Oats
- 3 tsp Turmeric powder
- Pinch of salt (about half a teaspoon)
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- Coconut oil (for frying, you use corn. Rapeseed is REALLY good)
- Water (to make batter)
This is easy:
- Turn the pan on to a medium high heat.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. You need enough to oil the frying pan, but not drown the pancakes. A light surface covering is enough.
- The remaining ingredients mix together in a bowl to a crepe batter consistency. ( Don’t worry too much, they will still turn out ok with all kinds of consistency!)
- Ladle the mixture into the now hot frying pan the soon to be pancakes in small circles. They should be about the size of the bottom of a coffee mug. If you prefer you can make them slightly larger, all up to you at this point.
- When they begin to bubble round the edges, flip them bad boys and leave for till slightly golden underneath!
And, ‘voilà’ perfect. Serve with lime pickle or thai sweet chilli sauce. Admittedly I didn’t make the dips BUT I will be in the bear future, the second I have a recipe, you will too.
Thanks and GOOD NIGHT!