Oh yeaaaaaah. Tasty as food! Yes we are jumping on the band wagon a bit by doing this but WOW THIS IS TASTY! Seriously, make it, then judge us for doing this recipe!
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 – 4 tbsp water (enough to make the flour into a batter)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp corn oil
Blue cheese dip
- 1 tbsp cheese spread (with chives or blue cheese flavouring. Make sure it’s vegan)
- 75 ml qlmond milk
- 1/2 nutritional yeast (I prefer the one enriched with B12)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 dsp hot chilli sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar (spirit, cider etc)
- 1 dsp ketchup
- Turn over on to 250 c. Put a baking tray with the oil in, into the oven.
- Cut the cauliflower up into bite size, graspable pieces.
- Submerse those bad boy bits into a batter made from the water and flour. Make the batter by adding the water to the flour (bit by bit, so not to turn it too runny) till you see a consistency thick enough to cling onto the cauliflower.
- Take your now hot try from the oven, test by dripping a drop of water into the oil. If it hisses and crackles you’re ready to go. Drop those Bad boys in.
- About 5 mins in to cooking, remove the tray from the over. Turn the cauliflower piece round using tongs and then put the tray back in. This ensures even cooking!
- It should take about 15 – 20 mins.
- Remove. Enjoy. Job done.
HANG ON! Job isn’t done, what about the dips. DON’T PANIC. You will have already made the dips!
Blue cheese dip
- Spoon out the cheese into a bowl.
- Add all ingredients.
- Whisk (With a spoon, fork…whisk?)
- Add more milk for runny consistency, less….you get the idea. More salt for saltier…less…well, you understand I am sure.
- All ingredients into a different bowl to that of the blue cheese.
- Again, more chilli for hotter, less for notter. More ketchup for sweeter, less for notter. More vinegar for tang, less for lesser.
- Vinegar will also loosen so make sure to pay attention the ratios. Anything you come out with will be pretty tasty SO DON’T PANIC!
Dine, watch some tv, slob out. It’s important to relax. Not everyone has a french lady to rub their head. These cauliflower wings are a lovely person rubbing your head. Enjoy that pampering.
One Comment Add yours
Delicious looking recipe! Have you tried adding a little corn starch to the flour batter?