This one is a bit naughty. Not for the faint hearted. It’s the dish I believe being vegan, makes it BETTER!
Peanut butter/Banana Brownie
- 350 g Peanut butter (I use cheap stuff, any is good though!)
- 500 g Bananas (peeled and mashed)
- 200 g Dark muscavado sugar
- 150 g Almond milk (unsweetened, theres enough sugar already)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 150 g Plain (gluten free) flour
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 100 g Dark chocolate
- 75g Cocoa powder (plain, no sugar or additives in there)
- Pinch of salt
GO, GO, GO!
- Preheat the oven to 190°c.
- Peel and mash bananas in a big mixing bowl.
- Smash all the chocolate up into tiny pieces and add to the bowl.
- Now once you have weighed out everything, chuck in all in together and give it a good mix. Really make sure there isn’t any powders unmixed, this is crucial!
- Now butter (vegan butter) a baking dish or brownie dish. Brownie dish is your best bet or a victoria sponge tin, might need two if you use this option.
- Add the baking powder into the mix. Stir like crazy as we need top move fast.
- Pour into baking tray and slam it in the oven.
- Take it out after 15 to 20 mins.
Ultra gooey – 15 mins
Not so gooey – 20 mins
Now when you take these out it may look like its not done. DO NOT WORRY. As long as it has formed a solid top and solid sides, the centre can stay liquidy. Let it cool by placing it near an open window or in the fridge. The magic will happen when it sets!
Serve on it’s own or with a vegan ice cream or how ever, this is a treat you won’t quickly forget!